Friday, October 26, 2012

Near the end of one life....Almost the beginning of the next!

     Today I am going to talk about the pathways we all are walking, or running down, or up.
There are many paths that are vast, fun, exciting and full of interesting events. And there is what some would call a"boring" path, the narrow path.
    I know, the picture above is pretty and inviting... and you can just imagine a serene walk with a gentle breeze. And a few birds chirping faintly.... and a warm sun beam from the sky.....
 That sounds great! I must admit, it really does. I would like to be there right now!

There is a way to keep on the Godly path. It is through Jesus Christ. And walking with Him will always keep your heart, mind and feet in check with God.
 God loves us and He wants us to be in this world, but not be of this world. And I have been thinking a lot about that lately, with all the temptations and "it's okay" attitude. That does a disservice to the young people and the children growing up in such a confusing and unspiritual world.
I did not grow up in a Godly household. And I was the one who sault out 'religion'. There was so many to look at, and no one, really could give me the right "answer" I was looking for. Until I met my second Husband.
  You see, I was looking in the wrong place for Jesus, and God. I was looking into the world, the world of the prince of lies. The sugar coated "truth" we call lies. It was fun and full of stuff; shiny and colorful stuff, the things that children find and call their "treasure". The kinds of things kids cry for, the sticky sweet stuff that abusive husbands, wives and children cry about. In any form, it is honestly, just a LIE (SIN).

But there is someone who took from us the blame, the punishment, and the stigma. And He died on the worst execution that could be done, in His day. He was crucified on a cross. Not only for my sins, but for the sins of all of humankind. From time started, until all eternity. What a wonderful gift to give people who do not even know Him. For people don't even believe in Him. For all people, no matter what they look like, act like, worship, drive, live in, or work at. This gift is the most precious 'gift' anyone could ever get from a "stranger".
How great is that! I would say, who is this Guy? Well, it is a known fact, that He wants an intimate relationship with each of us. Everyone of us! What a generous and gracious God we have to send such a wonderfully humble, and courageous being to do such a sacrifice for many unknown people. And still want to know us. Have us lean on Him and Heavenly Father!
That is the love we all need in our lives. As much as we are lonely, sad, happy, and or angry. He will provide a way for us to be loved, no matter what! Isn't that something? I think it's a whole lot!
Just wanted to let you know, no matter where you are in your life, Jesus is on that narrow path with you! And He will always be there for you. Loving you whenever, and wherever you are going!
So, think about your path today, and decide which path is the right path you need to be on.

No comments:

Post a Comment